The Exploration Islands will showcase case studies, technologies and research.
Confirmed speakers on the exploration islands include:
• Camiel Derichs, Regional Director in Europe for the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC).
• Brian Tsuyoshi Takeda, Founder, Urchinomics
• Mikael Lind, Port CDM Council, Rise Viktoria
• Olavur Gregersen, Managing Director, Ocean Rainforest
• Daniela Fernandez, Founder & CEO, Sustainable Ocean Alliance
• Paul Holthus, CEO, World Ocean Council
• Stefaan Depypere, Director International Ocean Governance, European Union
• Per Trojgaard Andersen, Lloyds Register, Engineering Dynamics Consultant and Technical Lead
Underwater noise – New LR Underwater Noise notation
Per Trojgaard Andersen, Lloyds Register, Engineering Dynamics Consultant and Technical Lead.
Over the last half century, as cargo shipping and deep sea oil exploration has increased, background noise in the ocean has doubled every decade. This constant wall of sound impacts how marine organisms search for food, communicate and navigate through the ocean. New international standards and regulations around underwater noise are on the horizon which will have economic impacts on the maritime industry as well as other offshore installations. LR has released a new underwater noise notation aiming at helping ship owners to prevent and mitigate the underwater noise emission from ships and other vessels, which will be presented here.
The draft agendas for the Exploration Islands are under continual development. All timing are subject to change, speakers may be added and amended at short notice.